Adventurer

MIG 7 series not working in simulation, but on PCB

Jump to solution

Hi,

I do have an issue with a testbench using the following parameters:

- Vivado 2019.2

- MIG 4.2

- DDR3 x16

The design works perfectly fine on hardware level, but I'm not able to get the simulation right. It may be linked to the DDR3 model as well.

The main issues I was able to identify:

1. the design is not able to usccessfully calibrate the the interfaced ddr3 model (init_calib_complete stays low) - this typically happens ~ 60 to 90 us after reset in simulation on other designs

2. error message: "ddr_test_top.ddr3_inst.dqs_pos_timing_check: at time 48197391.0 ps WARNING: tWLS violation on DQS bit 0 positive edge. Indeterminate CK capture is possible."

3. whenever the design tries to read or write data during calibration process (not sure this is really an issue, as it happens during calibration)

I'm really greatful for any iinput or hint that can be provided.

If it helps, I've put everything related to ddr3 into a separate design that could be uploaded (its ~ 100MB)

Thanks, best regards

Circle

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rpr

Hi @squaringcircle 

Memory part you are looking is available in MIG GUI ? or custom part.

If it is from MIG GUI, memory model is available. Core provides example design, right click on IP and select open example design. Run simulation and check the behavior.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rpr

Hi @squaringcircle 

Memory part you are looking is available in MIG GUI ? or custom part.

If it is from MIG GUI, memory model is available. Core provides example design, right click on IP and select open example design. Run simulation and check the behavior.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

squaringcircle
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @rpr ,

Many thanks for the quick response. This actually worked for us, we're now trying to see how we can integrate this with our controller.

best regards,

Circle

0 Kudos