Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mckr
Visitor
Visitor

MIG Example Design Simulation

Jump to solution

Hello. I am new in using MIG so I want to see the results of the example design simulation. For this, I have formed MIG core as in UG 586. Then, I have opened the Example Project . And I clicked Run simulation button. However, the stimulus on the screen is different than the UG 586. In my screen, only clock is changing there is no change in address or data . 

I think that traffic generator is not working.

What is wrong with my simulation ?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

How much time did you simulate the core.

Did you get simulation successful message in the console.

The data transmission starts after calibration done and it takes around 50-80us for calibration to be completed.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

How much time did you simulate the core.

Did you get simulation successful message in the console.

The data transmission starts after calibration done and it takes around 50-80us for calibration to be completed.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The stimulus on the screen is different than the UG 586

--Can you upload your screen and refrer figure number from UG586 along with version document?

The first stage in simulation would be initialization and then calibration  during which all the signals do toggle but not frequent enough.

I would suggest you to check the transcript messages to know what is happening, you will see text like initialization done, write levelling done, read levelling  done and at last test passed

To complete all these stages you need to wait for 10 to 20 min which is 50 us simulation time.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
mckr
Visitor
Visitor

thanks to  @yenigal and @vsrunga. After the 107usecond simulation will start to read/write the data to ddr3.

Just one question more, Are there any way the simulation without calibration stages?

Thanks a lot....

0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

No we cannot skip calibration even in simulation.

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos