UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

MIG Phy_init_done wrongly asserts

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am simulating Ultra-scale design in Vivado 2015.2. I have a DDR3 memory(SODIMM) in my design. I got a DDR3 simulation model from micron and customized to my part and using in my test bench.

When I simulate, simulation showing following errors and exit. ( I am using xsim in non project mode)

tbTop.mem_rnk[0].gen_mem[0].u_comp_ddr3.main: at time 2605938.0 ps ERROR:   tIS violation on BA 1    by 170.0 ps 

tbTop.mem_rnk[0].gen_mem[0].u_comp_ddr3.main: at time 2605938.0 ps ERROR:   tIS violation on ADDR  3 by 170.0 ps 

etc

tbTop.mem_rnk[0].gen_mem[0].u_comp_ddr3.cmd_task: at time 4442188.0 ps ERROR: Read Failure. Initialization sequence is not complete.

When I checked the wave ( at MIG interface). I found phy_init_done asserted but all the data in dq and dqs are 'Z'. ( I am attaching wave here). 

Can anybody please give me a clue?

Regards

Anoop

mig_init_calib.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: MIG Phy_init_done wrongly asserts

Jump to solution

I found the problem solutions.

Problem1: init_calib_complete wrongly assert.

Reason: Unlike other FPGA families Ultra-scale bypass calibration in simulation and asset init_calib_complete. So data transactions can be seen in DQ only if it is initiated from Application side.

Problem2: Simulation error.

Reason: It was a connection mistake in my Tb. ddr3_cs and ddr3_cas were interchanged during the connection between MIG and DDR3 model.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi 

I am attaching my sample project. Just open in vivado 2015.2 and run simulation.

Can anyone from xilinx please check what is the problem?

Regards

Anoop

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Really appreciate any type of help from anyone. I did not get any solution to this problem yet.

Anyone there who successfully simulated Ultra-scale MIG with ddr3 verilog model (SODIMM) with Vivado 2015.2 XSIM?

Regards

Anoop

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I found the problem solutions.

Problem1: init_calib_complete wrongly assert.

Reason: Unlike other FPGA families Ultra-scale bypass calibration in simulation and asset init_calib_complete. So data transactions can be seen in DQ only if it is initiated from Application side.

Problem2: Simulation error.

Reason: It was a connection mistake in my Tb. ddr3_cs and ddr3_cas were interchanged during the connection between MIG and DDR3 model.

0 Kudos