cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

MIG constrain error :can't find object

The error is disappeared after i add an new */*/ hierarchy path before the MIG xdc constrain line . how to let MIG add the hierarch path automatic? The mig ip is instantied under top level.

set_max_delay 5.0 -datapath_only -from [get_pins */*/*/u_ddr_cal_addr_decode/io_ready_lvl_reg/C] -to [get_pins */u_io_ready_lvl_sync/SYNC[*].sync_reg_reg[0]/D]

set_max_delay 5.0 -datapath_only -from [get_pins */*/*/*/*/u_ddr_cal_addr_decode/io_ready_lvl_reg/C] -to [get_pins */*/*/u_io_ready_lvl_sync/SYNC[*].sync_reg_reg[0]/D]

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @m006

If you add IP XCI to the project then the constraints should be read by the tool correctly.

Can you share the IP XCI?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi @m006,

I have read your recent thread : https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/CRITICAL-WARNING-Project-1-840/td-p/800344

Are you sure that you are using xci or xcix for the IPs?

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

it is two issues.

I use dcp file(read_checkpoint cmd)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @m006

When you use IP DCP and XDC files, the constraints will not be evaluated properly. This is the reason we recommend using IP XCI file instead.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @m006,

The correct flow for reading in an IP DCP (for non-project mode) is to use: read_ip ip_name.xci. If a DCP/generated RTL exist, then it will they will be pulled in as well. Top level constraints can only be applied properly to an IP through an XCI file. read_checkpoint should only be used with top level DCP's and not standalone IP DCP's.

For more information on this flow, please look into https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69690.html

Thanks,

Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos