Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

MIG output clocks using for driving other logics

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Could I use MIG IP clock outputs ( ui_clk ) to drive the other logics ( as AXI-Stream and AXI-Lite clocks )  ?  Is MIG IP needed to be initialization in SW ? or directly begin to execution  ? 

Best Regards,

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Could I use MIG IP clock outputs ( ui_clk ) to drive the other logics ( as AXI-Stream and AXI-Lite clocks )  ?

If you look at the MIG example_design this ui_clk is used to drive the traffic_gen that R/W DDR via MIG core. So it should be possible to use in other parts of the logic that drives data/reads from the MIG core.

Is MIG IP needed to be initialization in SW ? or directly begin to execution  ? 

You much check the init_calibration_complete status, out from the MIG core. If it is high then only begin operation with the MIG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer solved your problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Could I use MIG IP clock outputs ( ui_clk ) to drive the other logics ( as AXI-Stream and AXI-Lite clocks )  ?

If you look at the MIG example_design this ui_clk is used to drive the traffic_gen that R/W DDR via MIG core. So it should be possible to use in other parts of the logic that drives data/reads from the MIG core.

Is MIG IP needed to be initialization in SW ? or directly begin to execution  ? 

You much check the init_calibration_complete status, out from the MIG core. If it is high then only begin operation with the MIG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer solved your problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you @dpaul24

I am using ui_clk '  output of MIG IP, to drive the other logics. Even I have used internal PLL of MIG IP to produce some other clocks. I have checked clocks are properly produced. 

0 Kudos