Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Memory Interface Generator (MIG) with the Evaluation Board KC705

Jump to solution

I'd like to receive some advise in what I'm trying to do, of course if you can: I need to adapt the DDR3 read and write operations  to another design, basically I do not need a random pattern generator, instead I need to use own data for example data from other application. I've thought to cut the traffic generator but it is a large code. Some advises related to that?

thank you so much

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@jose09621,

I mean, I first need to study the code of the pattern generator and next create my state machine with that behavior.

Not necessary. But if you want to study & have time, go ahead, it would be good.

Do you know how to write the code for a counter and simple state machine?

If yes, then your state machine will just contain an incrementing or decrementing counter and it should drive the MIG i/f signals. You data generator is done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer solved your problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@jose09621,

Some advises related to that?

It depends on your RTL skills, it is not that difficult in my opinion. I did it some years ago.

Just connect your own data generator state-machine to the MIG interface and you are good to go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer solved your problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I'm sorry I'm new in this, I appreciate your help.

And does my state machine should work as the pattern generator does? I mean, I first need to study the code of the pattern generator and next create my state machine with that behavior. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@jose09621,

I mean, I first need to study the code of the pattern generator and next create my state machine with that behavior.

Not necessary. But if you want to study & have time, go ahead, it would be good.

Do you know how to write the code for a counter and simple state machine?

If yes, then your state machine will just contain an incrementing or decrementing counter and it should drive the MIG i/f signals. You data generator is done.

FPGA enthusiast!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for your answers I'll try it and tell you how it worked
0 Kudos