Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yhy.xilinx
Adventurer
Adventurer

Obsolete SODIMM model for ZCU104

Hello,

I am trying to add a MIG interface to my current project. Before beginning to our project, my teammate checked the suggested SODIMM model from the user guide of zcu104 board and ordered it. However, now I began to the project on VIVADO and I cannot add the model(MTA8ATF51264HZ-2G6B1). Many people stated that it is an obsolete model. If I have that suggested SODIMM model, how am I supposed to configure my ddr4 sdram mig ip? There is no MTA8ATF51264HZ-2G6B1 option(neither csv). Would you suggest me to cancel the order?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kshimizu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @yhy.xilinx ,

Please use a customer CSV for a DIMM, which is not listed in the MIG GUI.  Please download a DIMM datasheet, and then set some parameters into the CSV.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63462.html

Best regards,

Kshimizu

Product Application Engineer Xilinx Technical Support

-------------------------------------------------------

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.  Please Give Kudos.

yhy.xilinx
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to do as you said but there are some statements as "It is critical that this is entered correctly based on the target memory interface rate". I didn't get how to set these variables. According to what I must set this? What is the relation between frequency and these t values? (i.e. tFAW, tRRD_L). Moreover, there are some of those variables which I cannot find in the datasheet. For example, I can find a cas latency but I cannot find cas write latency. Lastly, What is 3DS part? Is it related to LRDIMMs and not related to the others?

Moreover, for Bank Group width, it says "Bank Group width is limited to 1 for x16 devices and 2 for x4/x8 devices. (Listed as "Bank group address" in Micron parts)." In the datasheet, bank group address is given as 4. How am i supposed to set the value? (MTA8ATF51264HZ – 4GB datasheet)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
kshimizu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @yhy.xilinx ,

Please get a datasheet you want to use.  All values in the CSV should be described in the datasheet.

Best regards,

Kshimizu

Product Application Engineer Xilinx Technical Support

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.  Please Give Kudos.

0 Kudos