UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer bujosa
Observer

Problem with DDR3 constraints (ucf) from MIG

Using multi controller DDR3 MIG on Virtex-6 xc6vlx365tff1156-2

The following contraints cause erros in ISE while translating the *.edf file generated by synplicity_pro:

Problem #1:

1. ##Site: G18 -- Bank 36
INST "u_cash_core/u_ddr3_top/c1_u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_read/u_phy_rdclk_gen/genblk*.gen_ck_cpt[0].u_oserdes_cpt"
  LOC = "OLOGIC_X2Y183";

There is a total of 8 similiar contraints that all fail with the following:

ConstraintSystem:58 - Constraint <INST "u_cash_core/u_ddr3_top/c1_u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_read/u_phy_rdclk_gen/genblk*.gen_ck_cpt[0].u_oserdes_cpt" #INST "u_cash_core/u_ddr3_top/c1_u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top...> [cash_top.ucf(368)]: INST "u_cash_core/u_ddr3_top/c1_u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_read/u_phy_rdclk_gen/genblk*.gen_ck_cpt[0].u_oserdes_cpt" does not match any design objects.

I fix a similiar error with the following but it did not work in this case:

Converted This:

##Site: A16 -- Bank 36
#INST "u_cash_core/u_ddr3_top/c1_u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_read/u_phy_rdclk_gen/genblk*.gen_loop_col0.u_oserdes_rsync"

To This:

INST "u_cash_core/u_ddr3_top/c1_u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_read/u_phy_rdclk_gen/gen_loop_col0.u_oserdes_rsync"
  LOC = "OLOGIC_X2Y177";

Problem #2:

These cause errors:

PIN "u_cash_core/u_pcie_core/trn_reset_n_int_i.CLR" TIG ;
PIN "u_cash_core/u_pcie_core/trn_reset_n_i.CLR" TIG ;
PIN "u_cash_core/u_pcie_core/pcie_clocking_i/mmcm_adv_i.RST" TIG ;

ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <PIN "u_cash_core/u_pcie_core/trn_reset_n_int_i.CLR" TIG ;> [cash_top.ucf(913)]: PIN "u_cash_core/u_pcie_core/trn_reset_n_int_i.CLR" not found.  Please verify that:
1. The specified design element actually exists in the original design.
2. The specified object is spelled correctly in the constraint source file.

Problem #3

In the readme.txt file under ../example_design/par/ directory there is the following message:

"icon5_cg.xco", "ila384_8_cg.xco", "vio_async_in256_cg.xco" and
  "vio_sync_out32_cg.xco" files are used to generate ChipScope icon,
  ila and vio EDIF/NGC files. When you want to view the design signals
  on ChipScope, you should port the design signals to ChipScope modules
  i.e. ila, vio and icon and set DEBUG_PORT parameter to "ON" in example_top
  rtl file. In order to generate the EDIF/NGC files, you must execute
  the following commands before starting synthesis and PAR.

coregen -b icon5_cg.xco
        coregen -b ila384_8_cg.xco
        coregen -b vio_async_in256_cg.xco
        coregen -b vio_sync_out32_cg.xco

But when I run these I get the following error:

ERROR:sim:479 - Batch command 'generate
   ' is illegal without an open project.

I have an open project, how do I tell the batch command that a project is opened?  What is it looking for?

Problem #4:

When ISE can not find an INST name, is there some constraints editor I can use to traverse the hierarchy to make sure I am giving it the correct INST name.  I tried using the "constraints editor" in ISE but apparently I need to get past the Translate Process before using it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer bujosa
Observer

Re: Problem with DDR3 constraints (ucf) from MIG

I figured out "Problem #3"

1. open the coregen gui.

2. open the project used to create the ddr3 core  (ddr3_if in my case)

3. This creates a file called ddr3_if.cgc (in my case) under ipcore_dir which the "coregen" command line is looking for

4. from the dir that you started ISE from enter:

coregen -b ipcore_dir/ddr3_if/example_design/par/icon5_cg.xco -p ipcore_dir/ddr3_if.cgc

This will create icon5.ngc file which needs to be added to your source files for your build project

Observer bujosa
Observer

One solution for "Problem #4" is to call up the *.srm file in synplicify_pro.  This is the technology view netlist.  Traversing the hiearchy shows that the path in "Problem #1" does not exist past the u_phy_rdclk_gen level.  Not sure why "u_oserdes_cpt" does not exist.

Doing the same for "Problem #2", I find "trn_reset_n_i" and "trn_reset_n_int_i" but it has "(ghost) next to it.  Not sure what that means, but I am guessing that it got pruned for some reason.   Anyone knows what "(ghost)" means?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer bujosa
Observer

Update on Problem #1:

I see this in the synplify_pro mapper.srr log.:

@N: BN114 :"/vobs/j750/tomahawk/cash/rtl/ddr3/phy/phy_rdclk_gen.v":442:8:442:20|Removing instance u_cash_core.u_ddr3_top.c1_u_memc_ui_top.u_mem_intfc.phy_top0.u_phy_read.u_phy_rdclk_gen.gen_ck_cpt\[0\]\.u_oserdes_cpt of black_box view:VIRTEX.OSERDESE1(PRIM) because there are no references to its outputs

I pulled in all the files that were generated by the core.  So why would there be "no references to its outputs"?

What am I missing here?

0 Kudos