cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hg81
Explorer
Explorer

Question about Kintex 7 interface DDR3L

I have read ds176_7Series_MIS, it is mentioned Kintex-7 can interface DDR3L.

May question is the power rail for bank 33 and 34 must be +1.35V or could be +1.5V.

Please let me know thanks.

David.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

By power rail do you mean VCCO or vref?

Both of them are  based on IOstandards of the siganls used in respective banks

As DDR3L require *_SSTL_135 then VCCO should be 1.35V, please refer UG471 Table- VCCO and VREF Requirements for Each Supported I/O Standard for more details

Hope this helps

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
hg81
Explorer
Explorer

Great.

Please let me review it and ask you any question I will have.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Ideally the voltage rails should be based on teh IO standards which you select. As mentioned,  the SelectIO user guide should guide you on the VCCO, VREF requirements which be given for the various IO standards. 

Check the datasheet for kintex-7 pg 8 for the Voh, Vol specs for the different IO standards. For the VCCO and Vref, recommended operating conditions, check pg 1.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds182_Kintex_7_Data_Sheet.pdf

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
umamahe
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The following AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50549.html also has useful information with respect to some part of  your query

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos