cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylviaelse
Visitor
Visitor

What to expect from MIG

I've used MIG to generate a DDR3 memory interface on a Spartan 6. I've specified one 64 bit port and one 32 bit port (the other available 32 bit port being unused), and I've specified a custom port priority algorithm.

And this is what the generated .prj says I've done.

Yet when I look at memc_wrapper.v I see parameter C_P0_DATA_PORT_SIZE = 32 and C_ARB_ALGORITHM = 0, which appear to specify a port width of 32, and a round-robin algorithm. It's as if MIG has ignored my port size and priority specifications, and just used its defaults, even though it's correctly identified that I have only two ports.

Am I mistaken in thinking that these parameters should reflect my choices in the GUI?

2 Replies
sylviaelse
Visitor
Visitor

Never mind - it appears one isn't meant to be using memc_wrapper directly, but to use the generated nnn.v module, where nnn is the name specified when using MIG.
calebd

@sylviaelse 

It looks like you have got the solution to your question.  Can you mark that as a solution so that future users will know the answer to this question?

Thanks,

Caleb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos