UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer lasthorizon711
Observer

Write timing for MIG 7 series with a native interface

Hi, 

I am desiging using the 7 series MIG IP and the native interface. From the data sheet for the IP it reads: "When the user logic app_en signal is asserted and the app_rdy signal is asserted from the UI, a command is accepted and written to the FIFO by the UI. The command is ignored by the UI whenever app_rdy is deasserted. The user logic needs to hold app_en High along with the valid command and address values until app_rdy is asserted as shown in Figure 1-53". The image then shows a scenario where app_en is driven high on the same clock edge as app_rdy going low, therefore app_en must be held high until app_rdy is re-asserted. However the datasheet is not clear as to what happens in the following situation: 

image.png

This time app_rdy is high when app_en is driven, but on the next rising edge of the clock app_rdy is deasserted. Has a write transaction taken place in this situation? Judging by the simulation of the data I read back from address 0x400 this did not write as expected. 

=== EDIT === 

Is there anyone from Xilinx that can help with this issue? The service request portal is very limited in terms of getting technical help it seems!

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer lasthorizon711
Observer

Re: Write timing for MIG 7 series with a native interface

As a bit more information, the entire transaction (8 words) looks like this: 

image.png

When i read back starting at the same address then i receive data from the 4th data word from the write transaction 

0 Kudos