UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

how to read mig DDR3 Pin from .prj file

Hi,

how to read pin configuration of DDR3 from .prj file instead of XDC file while generating mig from IP Catalog? I am asking this because when I take pins from .xdc file it has several warnings/error and the design doesn't work. but with .prj it works.

Here is mig configuration from a design using .prj which i didn't understand.

# Create instance: mig_1, and set properties
set mig_1 [ create_bd_cell_latest mig_7series mig_1 ]
set mig_ver [get_latest_ip_ver_num mig_7series]
set folder [get_script_folder]
replace_string_in_file "$folder/Imports/bd/system_basic_mig_1_0_mig_a.prj" "<Version>1.9" "<Version>$mig_ver"
set mig_file "system_basic_mig_1_0_mig_a.prj"
set mig_file_path [glob $folder/Imports/bd/$mig_file]
if { [file exists "$mig_file_path"] == 1 } {
set str_mig_folder [get_property IP_DIR [ get_ips [ get_property CONFIG.Component_Name $mig_1 ] ] ]
puts "Copying <$mig_file_path> to <$str_mig_folder/mig_a.prj>..."
file copy -force $mig_file_path "$str_mig_folder/mig_a.prj"
} else {
puts "ERROR: Unable to find the PRJ file <$mig_file>!"
}
set_property -dict [ list CONFIG.XML_INPUT_FILE {mig_a.prj} ] $mig_1

By adding pins from XDC file from example design with my required parameter, I end up with hundreds following warning/error:

INFO : Vccaux_io "HIGH" setting may not be required for the port "ddr3_dq[63]" for the selected frequency, a "NORMAL" value should suffice.

see attachments(.jpg and genlog) for more info.

The configuration I am looking is in .prj file and the one I used from .xdc file both are in attachment.

ddr3pinserror.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: how to read mig DDR3 Pin from .prj file

Hello @fpgalearner,

The MIG GUI automatically selects the VCCAUX_IO value for you depending on the data rate requested. At 1500ps (666.6MHz and slower) we auto select 1.8V. At 1499ps (667.11MHz and faster) we auto select 2.0V. This is found in UG583 here:

vccaux_io.PNG

We have an AR found here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42765.html that talks about using a 2.0V power rail with 1.8V configured MIG.

Thanks,

Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------