UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

should I wait for app_rdy become stable for MIG of 7 series FPGA

Jump to solution

I create a MIG an open the example project . I simulate the project and find it is ok. Then I create my project and simulate. The app_rdy has only shown few pulses and no more data can be written.  In the example, the first app_rdy is missed and app_en rises at the second pulse of app_rdy, as shown in the first attachment. In my project, I assert app_en once the app_rdy and app_wdf_rdy is high.Thus, the first pulse of app_rdy is not missed, as shown in the second attachment. Why my project do not pass the simulation? Is it due to the above discribed difference? 

I use bahavioral simulation. My MIG version is 4.1.

Thank you

1548050207303..jpg
1548051231495..jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: should I wait for app_rdy become stable for MIG of 7 series FPGA

Jump to solution

Hello @greatmaverick,

My recommendation is to review the User Interface signals section of UG586 starting on page 92 of the latest version.  A link is in my signature.  Overall you need to have a better understanding of how to control the user interface signals and you also need to be aware that the command path is seperate from the write data path, meaning it's possible to issue many more data writes without corresponding write commands which can cause the app_interface to behave erratically.  Take a look at the Command Path, Write Path, and Read Path section starting on page 167.

1 Reply

Re: should I wait for app_rdy become stable for MIG of 7 series FPGA

Jump to solution

Hello @greatmaverick,

My recommendation is to review the User Interface signals section of UG586 starting on page 92 of the latest version.  A link is in my signature.  Overall you need to have a better understanding of how to control the user interface signals and you also need to be aware that the command path is seperate from the write data path, meaning it's possible to issue many more data writes without corresponding write commands which can cause the app_interface to behave erratically.  Take a look at the Command Path, Write Path, and Read Path section starting on page 167.