Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sraza
Explorer
Explorer

why is app_rdy getting LOW when I am trying to give data

Jump to solution

Hi all,

why is app_rdy getting LOW when I am trying to give data, this causes system to work slow. I am watching my data flow over chipscope and this causes problem not only slowing (which is not very much of importanct) but I intermittently found few glitches in my design which I tried to solve but cannot catch whats wrong...hence if there is any way app_rdy can be made HIGH contantly like if you app_wdf_rdy   it is constantly HIGH. (please see the image)

Also since I have only implemented only 1 part i.e. write logic by now. I want to confirm that since I am checking over real hardware using Chipscope and DDR3 with FPGA, can I be sure that my data is going back to real DDR3...I want to be sure before I start teh logic for read transmission, please do comment on this issue

sample_x.JPG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Also since I have only implemented only 1 part i.e. write logic by now. I want to confirm that since I am checking over real hardware using Chipscope and DDR3 with FPGA, can I be sure that my data is going back to real DDR3...I want to be sure before I start teh logic for read transmission

>> I believe we  shouldn't take it granted that data was written properyly to DDR unless you read it successfully.

I would suggest you to simulate your traffic and then go for hardware testing.

I believe user guide gives write, read timing waveforms which you can compare against yours.

Alternatively you can also run example deisgn simulation and analuze the waveforms.

Hope this helps,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Can you please go through below post, hope it helps.

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/MIG-Memory-Interface-Generator/MIG-7-series-Gap-in-continuous-write-read/td-p/365643

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
sraza
Explorer
Explorer

hi

can you also comment on the secon point on my  post?

thanks

0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Also since I have only implemented only 1 part i.e. write logic by now. I want to confirm that since I am checking over real hardware using Chipscope and DDR3 with FPGA, can I be sure that my data is going back to real DDR3...I want to be sure before I start teh logic for read transmission

>> I believe we  shouldn't take it granted that data was written properyly to DDR unless you read it successfully.

I would suggest you to simulate your traffic and then go for hardware testing.

I believe user guide gives write, read timing waveforms which you can compare against yours.

Alternatively you can also run example deisgn simulation and analuze the waveforms.

Hope this helps,

Vanitha.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
wangningqin
Visitor
Visitor
have you resolved this question ? i have also have this question ,thank you .....
0 Kudos