cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poorcool
Participant
Participant

zynq7000 MIG simulation error.Memory overflow.You must increase the MEM_BITS parameter or define MAX_MEM.

Jump to solution

I want to write the whole ddr3(64M16bit) in simulation but there is something wrong.

ERROR: Memory overflow. Write to Address 001000 with Data xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0000000000010000 will be lost.You must increase the MEM_BITS parameter or define MAX_MEM.

I try to define MAX_MEM in ddr3_model.sv,and modelsim displayed failed to open file.The MEM_BITS parameter in ddr3_model_parameters.vh is 15.AR# 47880 can not solve my problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rpr

Hi @poorcool 

open *.vh which is a file that defines all parameters that DDR2/DDDR3 simulation model uses.Modify MEM_BITS to a proper value. if didn't work then just simulate with other simulator and check the behavior.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rpr

Hi @poorcool 

open *.vh which is a file that defines all parameters that DDR2/DDDR3 simulation model uses.Modify MEM_BITS to a proper value. if didn't work then just simulate with other simulator and check the behavior.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos