UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor kotnitro
Visitor

Calibration stucks at WAIT_FOR_OUDONE for SLX45T + 4-Gbit DDR3 DRAM

Jump to solution

Hello!

My custom PCB cannot complete calibration. The beginning of my story is https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Spartan-Family-FPGAs/Hardware-Calibration-Fail-for-SLX45T-4-Gbit-DDR3-DRAM/td-p/779155

I've just performed X-Ray scan of my PCB and there are no soldering problems.

CK/#CK arrives after DQS/#DQS (about 70 ps margin or more).

Calibration stops on WAIT_FOR_OUDONE stage forever (waiting MCB_UODONECAL).

The important sign of the current fault - there is no activity on LDQS/#LDQS and UDQS/#UDQS lines. MCB hardware calibration should involve those signals into the calibration process (I see it on my previous board).

Unfortunately, these signals go from blackboxed MCB and IODRP2, so I can't check what's wrong.

It looks like hardware calibration does not really begins (as we see no attempts to put anything to xDQS).

Maybe Xilinx employees could give some ideas about that "stucked" MCB mode?

Many thanks for any help!

With regards,

Maksim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor kotnitro
Visitor

Re: Calibration stucks at WAIT_FOR_OUDONE for SLX45T + 4-Gbit DDR3 DRAM

Jump to solution

The reason is wrong resistor on CAS pin, so there was constant high level on the DRAM chip pin. All the DQS signals were also dropped because of it. It is necessary to use high-speed oscilloscope to check those waveforms.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor kotnitro
Visitor

Re: Calibration stucks at WAIT_FOR_OUDONE for SLX45T + 4-Gbit DDR3 DRAM

Jump to solution

The reason is wrong resistor on CAS pin, so there was constant high level on the DRAM chip pin. All the DQS signals were also dropped because of it. It is necessary to use high-speed oscilloscope to check those waveforms.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos