UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

DDR4 MIG drops first two words during read

Accepted Solution Solved
Observer
Accepted Solution

DDR4 MIG drops first two words during read

I've generated the DDR4 MIG 2.0 for an Ultrascale+ device in Vivado 2016.2, and I'm trying out a simple simulation in which I write to the Micron memory model and read back.  During the read, I can see all of the correct data coming in on the data bus (c0_ddr4_dq), which is 64 bits wide in my case.  But when I look at what comes out of the user interface on the back side of the MIG, the first two 64-bit words are missing, and everything following is therefore misaligned.  I can repeatedly read the same location and get the same erroneous results.

The example design doesn't seem to have this issue when I simulate it in Vivado, but I'm at a loss for what the difference is between that simulation and mine (apart from the fact that I'm using QuestaSim).  I am using the same simulation model for the memory device.  I double-checked that my clock frequency is correct.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer

Re: DDR4 MIG drops first two words during read

The problem proved to be that I had the c0_ddr4_ck_c and c0_ddr4_ck_t signals swapped, i.e. connected to the wrong ports on the memory model interface.  You've got to connect c0_ddr4_ck_c to CK[0] and c0_ddr4_ck_t to CK[1], not the other way around.

Frankly I'm a little surprised that nothing *more* went wrong with an inverted clock between the MIG and the memory model, but happily it seems that correcting this has solved the missing read data problem.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi @jhane

Can you upload the waveform dump WLF/VCD showing the MIG user interface and PHY interface signals?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Observer

Here's a VCD file for you to look at. Thanks for helping.

Highlighted
Observer

The problem proved to be that I had the c0_ddr4_ck_c and c0_ddr4_ck_t signals swapped, i.e. connected to the wrong ports on the memory model interface.  You've got to connect c0_ddr4_ck_c to CK[0] and c0_ddr4_ck_t to CK[1], not the other way around.

Frankly I'm a little surprised that nothing *more* went wrong with an inverted clock between the MIG and the memory model, but happily it seems that correcting this has solved the missing read data problem.