UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie dionhicks

DDR4 Mig User Interface Simulation

Hi!  I was wondering if it is possible to generate a DDR4 MIG example simluation design which utilizes the user interface instead of AXI4 in Vivado 2018.3?  I've been able to get the AXI4 example design working but I cannot figure out how to generate a user interface design.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: DDR4 Mig User Interface Simulation

Hello @dionhicks,

1) If you are designing in IPI the AXI Interface for DDR4 is ALWAYS enabled and cannot be disabled.

2) If you build the DDR4 IP Example Design from within IPI, this will open up an RTL based Example Design with the AXI Interface ALWAYS enabled (as it carries over the ALWAYS enabled settings from IPI)

Please open up IP Catalog and Customize a DDR4 IP here. We give you the option to use just the User Interface OR the AXI Interface in this configuration. THEN build your IP Example Design and simulate. You should see a completely different traffic generator delivered.

Thanks,
Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newbie dionhicks

Re: DDR4 Mig User Interface Simulation

Thanks for the reply!  I actually figured it out on my own after using the method you described. To get the simluation project created I just had to right click on the module that the IP catalog generated and open the IP example that way.

0 Kudos