UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

HBM example design simulation errror

Jump to solution

I encountered a problem in the simulation HBM. Generated a HBM IP, and then open the example simulation ,report error:
[USF-XSim-62] 'elaborate' step failed with error(s). Please check the Tcl console output or '/home/shouqi/work/vivado_porject/2018_1/hbm_0_ex/hbm_0_ex.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim/elaborate .log' file for more information.

I opened the elaborate.log and found that the hbm_top module was not found. But this module has been listed in the program. Log information is as follows:
Vivado Simulator 2018.1
Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2017 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Running: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.1/bin/unwrapped/lnx64.o/xelab -wto 41810f46f5c045cf81bd24cb14a962fc --incr --debug typical --relax --mt 8 -L xil_defaultlib -L hbm_v1_0_0 -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver - L secureip -L xpm --snapshot sim_tb_top_behav xil_defaultlib.sim_tb_top xil_defaultlib.glbl -log elaborate.log
Using 8 slave threads.
Starting static elaboration
ERROR: [VRFC 10-2063] Module <hbm_top> not found while processing module instance <TWO_STACK.u_hbm_top> [/home/shouqi/work/vivado_porject/2018_1/hbm_0_ex/hbm_0_ex.srcs/sources_1/ip/hbm_0/hdl/rtl /hbm_v1_0_0.sv:3428]

Example without making any changes.

There is no problem with simulating other project.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: HBM example design simulation errror

Jump to solution

Hello @caoshouqi,

I ran through a single stack Ex Des and a dual stack Ex Des and ran into the issue in both using XSIM. I did find while digging through internal documentation that we do not have a memory model for XSIM, so that is why we do not support XSIM with HBM at this time.

Thanks,

Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @caoshouqi,

The HBM Example Design only supports a single stack HBM configuration. Looking at the error message it looks like you are configured for two stacks right now. Please reconfigure for a single stack and see if you still have an issue.

I am currently clarifying if we support XSIM with the HBM Example Design as PG276 doesn't explicitly state we do. Currently we state the following:

Simulation is supported with the Verilog Compiler Simulator (VCS), Incisive Enterprise Simulator (IES), and Mentor Graphics Questa Advanced Simulator for a single stack HBM configuration.

Thanks,

Cory

Jump to solution

Hello @caoshouqi,

I ran through a single stack Ex Des and a dual stack Ex Des and ran into the issue in both using XSIM. I did find while digging through internal documentation that we do not have a memory model for XSIM, so that is why we do not support XSIM with HBM at this time.

Thanks,

Cory

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

hello@coryb

Ok , I understand. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos