UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pr1498
Visitor

How long does it take for MIG DDR3 controller init_calib_complete to assert

Hi,

I'm running post implementation functional simulation on the example desing for MIG DDR3 controller for Virtex Ultrascale and don't see the init_calib_complete signal go high. 

I want to dump a SAIF file for power analysis, but that isn't working as required due to no activity for a very long time.

Can anyone tell me how long it would take with a 14ns input clock?

I read on some other thread that SIM_BYPASS_INIT_CAL = "SKIP" can be used to skip initialization but i dont't know where I can find this variable/enum or how to set it.

To add to this, it takes 5us for init_calib_complete to go high in behavioral simulation. The example test finishes with no errors.
I've run my post implementation for 1 ms with no success

I've attached log and simulation screenshots.

Thanks,

Parul

post_imp_eg_design.png
post_imp_eg_sim.png
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: How long does it take for MIG DDR3 controller init_calib_complete to assert

For MIG design, only behavirol simuation is supported. 

0 Kudos
Visitor pr1498
Visitor

Hi Kren,

Thanks for your response. I'm concerned how I can get the power report for my desgn in that case. So if I dump SAIF from behavioral simulation, would the signals internal to the design (such as init_calib_complete) also switch according to the activation file or is it only the signals that are input to the design from outside ? Would the switching of external signals make the init_calib_complete go high, so that correct power report is obtained?

Thanks,

Parul

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can estimate the power from XPE spreasheet.

0 Kudos