UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

MIG controller read-write to MT46H32M16 LPDDR

Hi,

I am using Spartan6 FPGA in numato saturn board. I intend to communicate to MT46H32M16 LPDDR on board using MIG controller. As initial step I wrote a A to Z in to LPDDR and decided to read it continously ie the UART transmits the read values to computer as A....ZA...ZA... I am successfully reading three sets of A to Z but then it is showing some random letters. As of now I am getting output as : A....ZA...ZA....ZAIQD.... I dont know what is the issue. when the program has looped successfully three times what happens fourth time?? Attached is my program that provides neccessary commands to controller. Any suggestions are welcome.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIG controller read-write to MT46H32M16 LPDDR

Hi,

I would suggest to simulate your logic and analyze command, write and read FIFO siganls so that you would get clue on what is happing.

In MIG example design you just need to replace traffic gen module with your FSM

Hope this helps

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Visitor phoebe_lu
Visitor

回复: MIG controller read-write to MT46H32M16 LPDDR

Hello,firstly I'm sorry to bother you,and I would be very obliged if you could help me solve the problem .Because I found what I done now is similar to your previous problem .   

I am using Spartan6 FPGA and now using the xilinx's mig controller to MT46H32M16 LPDDR. But after I wrote 521 numbers and read 521 numbers, and each number is 32bit,when I wrote more but the rd_data then suddenly changed to 0.And the write's cmd path(including address 、burst length and instr) and write's data path still are normal,the read's address is normal too.The following is part of my image on write and read.Thanks a lot. wr.jpgrd.jpg

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

did you check if the FIFO in MIG is full using pX_rd_full flag?? May be FIFO is full. 

0 Kudos
Visitor phoebe_lu
Visitor

Thank you for your reply ,I have checked the rd_full flag and other related full or empty flag,besides, they are all considered in the en signals.
Finally, Can I ask how you set your rzq signal,I know its value is 2R.does it need some special setting?or just link as a intermediate signal?
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

I worked on this few months back. So dont remember properly. But still , I doubt if you have written every value in write data bus to the memory because the data in fifo when you enable write command is only written to memory . You have been updating write fifo continously (Hope you did it checking for FIFO full ) and have wrote some values to memory. So please check if you have written zeros to memory after 512.Hence it reads it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor phoebe_lu
Visitor

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.I made my write data increasing under the condition of FIFO unfull,(from1to1024) and in mcb_dram_dq,I can see write data are much larger than 512, actually I can see the last number 1024 .does it mean I have written every value?And I am sure I have not write zero. And FIFO's full or empty flag I also have checked.
Can I ask what's your ISE version?14.7 or lower than 14.7?Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hai,

If not confidential , can you please post your code ? Will try to understand..

0 Kudos
Visitor phoebe_lu
Visitor

Thanks a lot .I have just used DDR3 IP core and using the same code, then I found read data is normal and it can read properly.Because I don't know if our project can be placed online, but does this experiment can prove it is a problem of LPDDR, rather than the code itself?Actually, I indeed ask my friends to help me check for many times.
Thank you for your help again.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Good to hear your issue is solved....

0 Kudos