UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

MIG output clocks using for driving other logics

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Adventurer
Accepted Solution

MIG output clocks using for driving other logics

Hello, 

Could I use MIG IP clock outputs ( ui_clk ) to drive the other logics ( as AXI-Stream and AXI-Lite clocks )  ?  Is MIG IP needed to be initialization in SW ? or directly begin to execution  ? 

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions
Voyager

Re: MIG output clocks using for driving other logics

[ Edited ]

Could I use MIG IP clock outputs ( ui_clk ) to drive the other logics ( as AXI-Stream and AXI-Lite clocks )  ?

If you look at the MIG example_design this ui_clk is used to drive the traffic_gen that R/W DDR via MIG core. So it should be possible to use in other parts of the logic that drives data/reads from the MIG core.

Is MIG IP needed to be initialization in SW ? or directly begin to execution  ? 

You much check the init_calibration_complete status, out from the MIG core. If it is high then only begin operation with the MIG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being a non-Xilinx member, giving out "Kudos" or marking my posts as "Accept as solution" would trigger frequent and better future answers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies
Voyager

[ Edited ]

Could I use MIG IP clock outputs ( ui_clk ) to drive the other logics ( as AXI-Stream and AXI-Lite clocks )  ?

If you look at the MIG example_design this ui_clk is used to drive the traffic_gen that R/W DDR via MIG core. So it should be possible to use in other parts of the logic that drives data/reads from the MIG core.

Is MIG IP needed to be initialization in SW ? or directly begin to execution  ? 

You much check the init_calibration_complete status, out from the MIG core. If it is high then only begin operation with the MIG.

Being a non-Xilinx member, giving out "Kudos" or marking my posts as "Accept as solution" would trigger frequent and better future answers.
Adventurer

Thank you @dpaul24

I am using ui_clk '  output of MIG IP, to drive the other logics. Even I have used internal PLL of MIG IP to produce some other clocks. I have checked clocks are properly produced.