UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor captainjiang
Visitor

MIG23 DDR2 init_done signal never go high in user_design

i generate the ddr2 ip core ,then  get example_design and user_design,when i download the bit file into the device ,i find that the init_done signal does not go high when i download the user_design.but if i download the example_design,the init_done signal go high!i want to know why?who help me?it trouble me for a long time!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIG23 DDR2 init_done signal never go high in user_design

Hi

Which simulator you are using ?

If its VCS then you need to check your script

Which Version of  MIG you are using. Currently MIG 3.2 avaialble with ISE 11.2 so its recomanded to use latest  

If you are using Mdelsim then Xilinx Provide sim.do file please compile this file and rerun the simulation

If you need further help then you can create a case Xilinx Tech support will help you

Thanks

Bala 

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIG23 DDR2 init_done signal never go high in user_design

Are you hooking anything up to the use_design internal interface when you try it?  It won't work on its own.  That's what the example design does - it hooks up an internal test generator to talk to the internal interface of the memory controller.  Perhaps you already know this, but there isn't enough information in your post to be sure.
0 Kudos