UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor tianhufei
Visitor

MIG7 app_ref_req and app_zq_req signals? Do I have to controlthese signals?

So I noticed these two signals as in UG586 saying user refresh and user zq. Does that mean that MIG automatically sends refresh and zq calibration command even if I don't do nothing to these 2 signals? 

Is it ok that in my design I just tie these two ports to ground? 

My uncertainty leads to the worry that if I don't send app_ref_req and app_zq_req, data gets corrupted because no one sends refresh request.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIG7 app_ref_req and app_zq_req signals? Do I have to controlthese signals?

As long as the USER_REFRESH parameter is set to OFF then the memory controller will continue to automatically send the periodic REFRESH commands. You can definitely run a behavioral simulation of the MIG Example Design to verify this behavior if you still have concerns.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

Are you saying that if we set USER_REFRESH to ON, the memory controller will NOT send the periodic REFRESH commands EVER?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos

Hello @southernduck,

Yes, that is correct.  With User Refresh enabled the controller will not automatically schedule refresh commands.

Also we encourage users to create new threads if they have questions because new threads have more visibility.

Adventurer
Adventurer

when I  should control the  app_ref_req and app_zq_req signals? when I should let the MIG to control the the  app_ref_req and app_zq_req signals?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

With IP default settings, MIG will send refresh and ZQ calibration commands. The inputs app_ref_req and app_zq_req can be connected to '0's. 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

is there any condition that I must handle the app_ref_req and app_zq_req signals , but can not give the right of control to the the memory controller ?

0 Kudos