UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor syang
Visitor

Migrating EDK MIG to Vivado

This may sound a bit complicated. I have a customized version of DDRx I'm working with (EDK 14.4), this version of DDRx still takes in five input clocks instead of taking in one in the equivalent Vivado version (2012.4). Therefore configuring the same IP through EDK calls up a slightly different version of the MIG GUI than the one in Vivado. How does the MIG know what tool is calling it?

I have repackaged my custom version of the DDRx in Vivado IP packager (2017.4) and I would like to use this EDK version of MIG GUI (14.4) with it. What do I have to do? I know the mig.xml in the coregen folder is what's called during the MIG setup. How do I move this to Vivado and associate my custom IP with it in the new tool?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Migrating EDK MIG to Vivado

Hello @syang,

UG911 should have most of the information you are looking for. We recommend migrating to ISE/XPS/EDK 14.7 before migrating over to Vivado.

We do have a AXI MIG specific section found here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug911-vivado-migration.pdf#page=82

Please look into the above link to successfully bring over your AXI MIG core from EDK 14.7 to Vivado.

Thanks,

Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor syang
Visitor

I read UG911. This is different than what I want to do.

I repackaged my own DDRx IP in Vivado. The new IP lost its association with the MIG GUI, what do I have to do to be able to use the MIG GUI again with my own IP?

0 Kudos
Visitor syang
Visitor

Ok, I found the MIG GUI folder. I now have trouble running the mig.exe in the folder. I have confirmed that mig.exe is what's gets ran when the core is getting configured.

What kind of command do I need to add to my tcl script so that I can run this mig.exe during my custom IP setup.

Sorry for the spam.

0 Kudos

Hello @syang,

Any time you create a Packaged IP using IP Packager (specifically with a Xilinx IP), you will lose the original look/feel and just get the generic IP Packaged look/feel. You cannot use the XPS MIG Wizard in VIvado. You need to follow UG911 directions to migrate over the PRJ file and use the Vivado MIG Wizard.

Thanks,

Cory

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.