UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Random DDR3 Write Failures

Visitor

Random DDR3 Write Failures

I am bringing up a new Ultrascale design using DDR3.  The design always passes calibration but randomly has write failures.   Some of the bytes in the calibration margin window are highlighted orange.  I'm wondering if this may be contributing to my random write failures.  Should I be concerned by these orange highlights?

mig_cal.jpg

Re: Random DDR3 Write Failures

which device and core version.
check this ARs in case helps
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/35094.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Visitor

I'm using an Ultrascale XCKU035.  The DDR3 core is DDR3 SDRAM  (MIG) (1.1) in Vivado 2015.4.

Hi @jduchez

What is the memory clock frequency? Are you following all design guidelines from PG150?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)