UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor suyash01
Visitor

SDRAM IP bug

I tried including the DDR3 SDRAM IP (ARTY-7) into the block design and it crashed my Vivado software.
I'm using a licenced copy of Vivado Design Suite locked to Arty-7 FPGA.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: SDRAM IP bug

Hello @suyash01,

Thank you for providing a video showing your issue. Which specific build of Windows 10 are you using? We currently support the Windows 10.0 1803 update (64-bit) and the Windows 10.0 1809 Update (64-bit). Also which rev of the digilent board files are you using? I just downloaded the master branch from https://github.com/Digilent/vivado-boards/ to run my testing, but I could not reproduce the crash.

Also there should be a crash log located in %APPDATA%\Xilinx\Vivado. It should be the latest/newest hs_err_pid*.log file located in there. Please send over the log file so we can look into the crash better.

Also are you using a Webpack, Design Edition, or System Edition Install for Vivado 2018.3?

Thanks,
Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor suyash01
Visitor

My Windows version is: Windows 10.0 1803 (64-bit)

I'm using the Arty-7 35t cp324

Also, I'm using the Design Edition install for Vivado 2018.3

I've attached the error log files below.

0 Kudos

Hello @suyash01,

Sorry for the delay. After re-watching your video, I can see that you have a space in your project name/path. Please create a project without a space in the name and then retry adding MIG to IPI.

Thanks,
Cory

Hello @suyash01,

I have run some tests recently. I went through your flow in Vivado 2018.2 and ran into no issues with a space in the project name / directory.

I went through the same test in Vivado 2018.3 and I didn't crash but I ran into an error exactly like @vkampen ran into in the following thread https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Memory-Interfaces/MIG-v4-2-Vivado-2018-3-pin-out-validation-is-too-strict-amp/td-p/922026/page/2. The workaround is to remove the spaces from the project.

I will file a change request to get this issue resolved and then we will include the fix in https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71898.html as rev2 of the same patch.

Thanks,
Cory