UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor lingaraj
Visitor

Self request entry and exit in ddr4

To perform Self refresh entry/exit as per the specification pg150, it is mentioned that mem_init_skip and app_restore_en signal has to be assert.

is it really required to assert the app_restore_en signal/ can we skip restore and still exit self refresh?  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Self request entry and exit in ddr4

Yes. The self-refresh feature always comes up with the save/restore feature and is not available alone.

0 Kudos
Visitor lingaraj
Visitor

Thanks for the response,

I have some queries.

To perform save restore operation is it mandatory to do reset operation?

I am able to read the calibration data with XSDB ports when I put it in self refresh. is it possible to restore the calibration data with XSDB ports without reset?

If reset is mandatory, we will lose the data which we already stored in the memory. is there any other way to retain the data with self refresh entry and exit?

It is better if you share KT on how to access Mode Register.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Are you talking about the reset of DDR4 IP? When the DDR4 has been in self-fresh mode, the data will be safe. 

As per the DRAM protocol, the memory interface signals cke and reset_n must be maintained at 0 and 1 values respectively to keep the DRAM in self-refresh mode.

0 Kudos
Visitor lingaraj
Visitor

Yes exactly,

Please find the attachment below. there he mentioned that mem_init_skip and app_restore_en has to be assert within 50 interconnect cycles after the user interface reset is deasserted in the self refresh exit cycle.

reset_issue_xilinx.PNG
0 Kudos