UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Ultrascale DDR3 MIG using "half" of the data and strobe buses only

Adventurer

Ultrascale DDR3 MIG using "half" of the data and strobe buses only

I need to instantiate a MIG controller (DDR3 SODIMM) for an Ultrascale FPGA. The intended memory part is MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G9P1. This part is already included in the MIG predefined part which is great. However, only 4GB out of the 8GB of this SODIMM is intended for use, as a result, only 32 bits out of the 64 data bits (and 4 out of the 8 strobe bits) are actually connected to FPGA pins. I tried grounding the unused (unconnected) pins in the design but MIG doesn’t allow me and requires that all the pins be connected to the FPGA. Could anyone please recommend a (or maybe some) way(s) / workaround(s) we can get this working?

Any tips / tricks / suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

PS. I'm working on Vivado 2016.3 but I can use any version of Vivado if I have to.

Highlighted

Re: Ultrascale DDR3 MIG using "half" of the data and strobe buses only

Hi @arash9k

I think Ultrascale MIG IP cannot be generated/used with this setup.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)