UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrascale+ DDR4 example design(ies) simulation issue

Jump to solution

Hello,

When I exported simulation(ies) from DDR4 exam project(vivado reference design/vivado 18.1),

below warnings are comming!!! (so many things...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model:WARNING: Reading unwritten address: C:0 BG:1 B:3 R:bd C:7c dm:0 @22051.5 ns

Model:WARNING: Reading unwritten address: C:0 BG:1 B:3 R:bd C:7b dm:0 @22054.5 ns

Model:WARNING: Reading unwritten address: C:0 BG:1 B:3 R:bd C:7b dm:1 @22054.5 ns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already checked AR# 65732 and "https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=795133"

However these were not helpful current issue. There was no effect... :(

Actually, the simulation result was fine, but so many warnings were bother me.

Could you please let me know how to turn off these warning messages?

I just used your reference DDR4 exam design..

Please find the attachment which is simulation results.

I look forward to your quick replying.

Thanks, BR

Victorr

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ultrascale+ DDR4 example design(ies) simulation issue

Jump to solution

Hello yd.je@samsung.com,

I did get a reply from Micron and I have figured out how to silence the warning messages. I will end up making an Answer Record with the data in it for future reference.

Basically depending on your core configuration before you build the example design, the test bench will instantiate a memory model for each component. So in my example I have been working with 4 x16 components (DW = 64) so the memory model is instantiated 4 times for each component

micron_ddr4_model.PNG

So in my sim_tb_top.sv I added the following RTL right after the wire/register declarations to turn off the warning messages:

//===========================================================================
     //                         Disable Warning Messages

initial begin
    #1ps;         //(any time here should work, as long as it is before the writes)
    sim_tb_top.mem_model_x16.mem.memModels_Ri2[0].memModel2[0].ddr4_model.set_memory_warnings(0,0);
    sim_tb_top.mem_model_x16.mem.memModels_Ri2[0].memModel2[1].ddr4_model.set_memory_warnings(0,0);
    sim_tb_top.mem_model_x16.mem.memModels_Ri2[0].memModel2[2].ddr4_model.set_memory_warnings(0,0);
    sim_tb_top.mem_model_x16.mem.memModels_Ri2[0].memModel2[3].ddr4_model.set_memory_warnings(0,0);
    end

Please use this logic to apply it to your application and let me know if you have any issues. To turn the warning messages back on you need to set_memory_warnings(1,1) using the same logic above in your test bench.

Thanks,

Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello yd.je@samsung.com,

Your simulation results did not attach to your original post. Please include your XCI file as well.

Thanks,
Cory

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Please check attachments.(.xci & log)

Thanks,

BR,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
How is this problem going?
I am wating for your reply~

Thanks,
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello yd.je@samsung.com,

I am am currently in contact with Micron to get a better understanding of how their warning message functions into the model work. They are not documented well in their current state.

Thanks,

Cory

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello, coryb

Thanks for your answer.

If you have any update, please notice to me.

Thanks,

yd.je

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How is this problem going?

Is there no reply from micron?

If so, did you have no any idea to solve this issue?
I am very wating for your reply~

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello yd.je@samsung.com,

I did get a reply from Micron and I have figured out how to silence the warning messages. I will end up making an Answer Record with the data in it for future reference.

Basically depending on your core configuration before you build the example design, the test bench will instantiate a memory model for each component. So in my example I have been working with 4 x16 components (DW = 64) so the memory model is instantiated 4 times for each component

micron_ddr4_model.PNG

So in my sim_tb_top.sv I added the following RTL right after the wire/register declarations to turn off the warning messages:

//                         Disable Warning Messages

initial begin
    #1ps;         //(any time here should work, as long as it is before the writes)
    sim_tb_top.mem_model_x16.mem.memModels_Ri2[0].memModel2[0].ddr4_model.set_memory_warnings(0,0);
    sim_tb_top.mem_model_x16.mem.memModels_Ri2[0].memModel2[1].ddr4_model.set_memory_warnings(0,0);
    sim_tb_top.mem_model_x16.mem.memModels_Ri2[0].memModel2[2].ddr4_model.set_memory_warnings(0,0);
    sim_tb_top.mem_model_x16.mem.memModels_Ri2[0].memModel2[3].ddr4_model.set_memory_warnings(0,0);
    end

Please use this logic to apply it to your application and let me know if you have any issues. To turn the warning messages back on you need to set_memory_warnings(1,1) using the same logic above in your test bench.

Thanks,

Cory

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello, Coryb~

Thank you very very much.

It is  working vert well.

I am very appreciate your efforts.

Thanks again.

BR,

from yd.je

0 Kudos