UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Virtex-6 MIG DDR2 unroutable signals

Hi all,

I am working on a custom board based on Virtex-6. I wanted to use MIG core for DDR2 SDRAM connected to my FPGA. I have followed all the instructions and steps for core wizard. Unfortunately, I am receiving below errors and can't go further:

ERROR: Route:471 -
This design is unrouteable. Router will not continue. To evaluate the problem please use fpga_editor. The nets listed below can not be routed:

Unrouteable
Net:MyPulseGen_INST/MyFirstDdr_INST/u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_data_io/gen_dqs[1].u_phy_dqs_iob/u_iobuf_dqs/IBUFDS/SLAVEBUF.DIFFIN

Unrouteable
Net:MyPulseGen_INST/MyFirstDdr_INST/u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_data_io/gen_dqs[1].u_phy_dqs_iob/u_iobuf_dqs/IBUFDS_0/SLAVEBUF.DIFFIN

Unrouteable
Net:MyPulseGen_INST/MyFirstDdr_INST/u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_data_io/gen_dqs[1].u_phy_dqs_iob/u_iobuf_dqs/split_buf_net

Unrouteable
Net:MyPulseGen_INST/MyFirstDdr_INST/u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_data_io/gen_dqs[0].u_phy_dqs_iob/u_iobuf_dqs/IBUFDS/SLAVEBUF.DIFFIN

Unrouteable
Net:MyPulseGen_INST/MyFirstDdr_INST/u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_data_io/gen_dqs[0].u_phy_dqs_iob/u_iobuf_dqs/IBUFDS_0/SLAVEBUF.DIFFIN

Unrouteable
Net:MyPulseGen_INST/MyFirstDdr_INST/u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_data_io/gen_dqs[0].u_phy_dqs_iob/u_iobuf_dqs/split_buf_net

As I looked further into generated HDL codes like phy_dqs_iob.vhd module - the first generated error above - I see that it is using a module named iobuf_dqs and also a device primitive named

IOBUFDS_DIFF_OUT which comes below:

u_iobuf_dqs: IOBUFDS_DIFF_OUT
generic map (
IBUF_LOW_PWR => IBUF_LOW_PWR
)
port map (
o => dqs_ibuf_p,
ob => dqs_ibuf_n,
io => ddr_dqs_p,
iob => ddr_dqs_n,
i => dqs_p_iodelay,
tm => dqs_p_tq,
ts => dqs_n_tq
);

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a primitive named IOBUFDS_DIFF_OUT in the list of Virtex-6 primitives. That's why I think it can't route these signals. There isn't such resource inside Virtex-6. Or, another primitive - IBUFDS - doesn't have pin like SLAVEBUF.DIFFIN.

I took a look at the definition of IBUFDS :

IBUFDS_inst : IBUFDS
generic map (
DIFF_TERM => FALSE, -- Differential Termination
IBUF_LOW_PWR => TRUE, -- Low power (TRUE) vs. performance (FALSE) setting for referenced I/O standards
IOSTANDARD => "DEFAULT")
port map (
O => O, -- Buffer output
I => I, -- Diff_p buffer input (connect directly to top-level port)
IB => IB -- Diff_n buffer input (connect directly to top-level port)
);

I am wondering why such primitives have been used during the HDL code generation? I have to add that I have checked the core wizard so many times and I am choosing correct device and every other things.

I would appreciate any help,

Hossein

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Virtex-6 MIG DDR2 unroutable signals

Did you modify the ucf accroding your board after the IP core was generated?

0 Kudos
Scholar embedded
Scholar

回复: Virtex-6 MIG DDR2 unroutable signals

Hi

I had specified all pin locations in ucf file. Is there anything else that needs to be defined?

Thanks,

Hossein

0 Kudos