UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Voltage of a memory of Micron DDR3 and DDR3L

Hi, I'd like to ask the next.

I've noticed that the memory that uses my evalutaion board is  a Micron memory. Also I've noticed that there exist DDR3 and DDR3L, where DDR3L works at 1.35V and DDR3 at 1.5V. The datasheet of a Micron for example (https://4donline.ihs.com/images/VipMasterIC/IC/MICT/MICT-S-A0003060424/MICT-S-A0003060424-1.pdf?hkey=52A5661711E402568146F3353EA87419) says that the memory is DDR3L but it is backward compatible with 1.5V. So from this, I understand that the DDR3L can be used at 1.5V. But what changes? Can I simple change the voltage of the DDR3L to 1.5V and I can use the same hardware description (that was uses in a DDR3) or something need to be changed?

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: Voltage of a memory of Micron DDR3 and DDR3L

Hi @jose09621 

Would you refer the following URL ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM

Best regards,

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Voltage of a memory of Micron DDR3 and DDR3L

@jose09621 Hi,

Yes, your understand is correct. You can install the DDR3L devices on the board which is designed for DDR3 devices. They are compatible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------