UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

invalid connectivity on net sys_clk

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Adventurer
Accepted Solution

invalid connectivity on net sys_clk

hi,

i am using pcie and ddr in my project. first i interfaced pcie and verified the working by sending and receiving data. then i added MIG to my design then i found one error;

[Opt 31-304] Invalid connectivity on net sys_clk_n_IBUF between IBUF sys_clk_n_IBUF_inst and IBUFDS cmp2/u_mig_7series_0_mig/u_ddr3_clk_ibuf/diff_input_clk.u_ibufg_sys_clk. This is a dedicated connection.

what may be the possible reasons for that? 

regards,

Reshma

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 753
Solutions: 999

Re: invalid connectivity on net sys_clk

No, that should not be the reason for this error.

This second IBUFDS_GTE2 is inside cmp3 instance, check this.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hi @reshmaakhil

Are you driving single ended or differential clock to sys_clk input of MIG IP?

It looks like you have selected "differential" for "system clock" while generating MIG IP but connecting single ended clock. Please reconfigure the MIG IP and select "single ended" for system clock.

Also the input buffer (IBUF or IBUFDS) will be present on the sys_clk port  inside the core, so you need not instantiate any buffers at top level.

Are you driving the MIG IP and other user logic from same clock input?, if yes then please select "no buffer" for "system clock" during customization of MIG IP.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

Hi

From the error it looks you are using single ended buffers on top of the differential buffer generated as part of the core and it is causing errors.

Make sure there is no cascading of buffers and you use the buffers generated with the core or use the no buffer option during core generation.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Adventurer

hi,

thankz for your response.

i am using the same sys_clk for for both MIG and pcie controller. i will change sys_clk option as no buffer. then what about the reference clock? i  was selecting the option "use system clock".

regards,

Reshma

Hi @reshmaakhil

You need not change reference clock option.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Adventurer

hi, now the sys_clk changed to a single ended, but my top module input is differential. what can i do for that?

Hi @reshmaakhil

Instantiate IBUFDS in top level and connect IBUFDS output to MIG IP and PCIe IP.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Adventurer

hi, i did the same as follows,

IBUFGDS_inst : IBUFGDS
generic map (
-- DIFF_TERM => FALSE, -- Differential Termination
-- IBUF_LOW_PWR => TRUE, -- Low power (TRUE) vs. performance (FALSE)
IOSTANDARD => "DEFAULT")
port map (
O => clk_i, -- Clock buffer output
I => sys_clk_p, -- Diff_p clock buffer input (connect directly to top-level port)
IB => sys_clk_n-- Diff_n clock buffer input (connect directly to top-level port)
);

but it is showing the error,

[Synth 8-5535] port <sys_clk_p> has illegal connections. It is illegal to have a port connected to an input buffer and other components. The following are the port connections :
Input Buffer:
Port I of instance IBUFGDS_inst(IBUFGDS) in module <top_mod>
Other Components:
Port I of instance \cmp3/refclk_ibuf (IBUFDS_GTE2) in module top_mod.

regards,

Reshma

Hi @reshmaakhil

The error says that you have connected port sys_clk_p to two input buffers IBUFGDS_inst and refclk_ibuf hence the error. You can connect it to only one buffer. Check where is this refclk_ibuf instantiated and remove it if it is not needed.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Adventurer

in the mig ip i selected the option "use system clock" for reference clock. does that cause problem?