UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

operation time using masking data (app_wdf_mask)

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm Jose.

I'd like to know the next.

suppose that I have and user-interface data bus of 128 bits. Now suppose the next two cases:
1- One write operation to the memory with a value (128 bits wide) without masking any bit within the 128 bits of the data.
2- One write operation to the memory with a value (128 bits wide) but this time masking the upper half of the 128 bits of the data.

both values take the same time to be written to the memory?

if I'm masking bytes of data, is possible that the write operation is carry out faster than if not?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: operation time using masking data (app_wdf_mask)

Jump to solution

It takes the same time to be written to the memory. When you're using the app_wdf_mask, it will mapped the DM signals at the memory interface. The write latency and data burst length are kept the same.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

It takes the same time to be written to the memory. When you're using the app_wdf_mask, it will mapped the DM signals at the memory interface. The write latency and data burst length are kept the same.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
thanks @kren four your help.
0 Kudos