UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

problem reading data from the memory

Hi, I'm Jose

I have an kc705 evaluation board. I am writing to and reading from the memory. I am accessing in the next way

1- WRITING: Access bank 0-row 0 and write to fill up all the columns (2^10 columns) in that row. Next, access bank 1-row 0 and write to fill up all the columns in that row. Next, access bank 2-row 0 and write to fill up all the columns in that row. ..and so on....... Next, access bank 7-row 0 and write to fill up all the columns in that row. after that, pass to the next row, i.e, bank 0-row 1 and so on till bank 7-row 1. And so on, the row is incremented after using the 8 banks.

NOTE: as I am using a burst of 8, in each row of a bank I have a max of 128 accesses (128*8 = 1024 colums). and I write in every access a number corresponding to the number of the access. I mean

bank 0, row0

access                      1 2 3 4 5 6..........128
data to be written     1 2 3 4 5 6...........128

in every row the same data is written: data from 1 to 128

2-In order to see if all the data were written correctly I read the same addresses in which I previously Wrote. but I have a problem, I'd wait that the data should appear sequencially from 1 to 128 in the app_rd_data bus, but It is no the case. In the image I attached I show the data I am reading from the memory; to the left of the red line are shown the data of the bank0 row0 and those are read correctly , I mean they appeared sequentially from 1 to 128 as expected. But when reading the data in bank1 row0 (to the right of the red line) the data are not read correctly because appear 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5,6, 117, 118, 119,11,12 (not sequentially as they have been written). the behavior repeats over other addresses, I put this as an example

anyone know why is this behavior? I reviewed the data that is been sending with the write command and it is fine. The addressing, the app_en and the read command that is been sending is fine too. am I loosing something about the read proccess?

readim.JPG

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: problem reading data from the memory

Are the address mapping= ROW_BANK_COLUMN at user interface? Is the read/write column address 0, 8h, 10h, ...etc?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @kren

1- I generated the core with the option BANK_ROW_COLUMN not the one you are saying. How can it influence the behavior? I have understood that you choose one or other if you just want to increment efficiency.

2-yes, I am incrementing the column value with steps of 8, for writing and reading. I mean 0 8h, 10h ...

thanks

0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: problem reading data from the memory

Hi @jose09621 

How do you design dram controller ? By MIG ?

If MIG, how do you define DRAM parameters ? Are they correct ?

It seems wrong latency issue.

Would you make sure the followings at least ?

- Read Latency

- Write Latency

- Additive Latency

Best regards,

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please take scopshot of the write operation including all the app_ signals at the uesr interface.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi guys, thank you for your help.

I could find the problem. the problem was that the app_en signal was working fine but the app_wdf_wren and app_wdf_end signals were not being asserted in some cases. So , that triggered that strange behavior.

thank you

0 Kudos