UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor chy520cvv
Visitor

problems about MIG

Jump to solution

I am using Nexys4. PCM(mt45w8mw16bgx) in the board is not supported by vivado2014.2. And I cannot find the timing parameters of MIG setting in mt45w8mw16bgx's datasheet. How should I deal with it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: problems about MIG

Jump to solution

Hi,

MT45W8MW16BGX is not a DDR2/3, it is SRAM based architecture, MIG currently do not support this specific memory.

Please check if you can use QDRII+ SRAM or any supported device given in AR-54025

If MT45W8MW16BGX is mandatory for your project contact your FAE with project details, he might do the nedeful

MIG GUI will display pin compatible FPGAs for your current project FPA, if you do not find the specfic part over there you need to create the core separately tagetting xc7a100tcsg324

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor chy520cvv
Visitor

Jump to solution

there is another problem. In pin compatible FPGA, my target fpga is xc7a100tcsg324,but there is no the same type in pin compatible fpgas. How should I choose for this target?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor chy520cvv
Visitor

Jump to solution

the timing parameters in the "Create Custom Part" is not found in MT45W8MW16BGX datasheet,such as 'tcke,trcd....'

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

MT45W8MW16BGX is not a DDR2/3, it is SRAM based architecture, MIG currently do not support this specific memory.

Please check if you can use QDRII+ SRAM or any supported device given in AR-54025

If MT45W8MW16BGX is mandatory for your project contact your FAE with project details, he might do the nedeful

MIG GUI will display pin compatible FPGAs for your current project FPA, if you do not find the specfic part over there you need to create the core separately tagetting xc7a100tcsg324

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Observer andrewsi
Observer

Jump to solution

This part works fine with the AXI EMC memory controller, by the way, which knows how to use Async PSRAM like this part.  I have it up and running just fine on the Nexys 4 right now.

For my next trick, incidentally, I'm trying to figure out how to enable both the EMC IP and the physical part to switch over to page read mode for better performance, but I haven't been successful yet. I think my problem has to do with getting access to the PSRAM's configuration registers so I can flip the bit.  I've tried both Micron's documented "software" method by accessing the top word of memory with 2 consecutive reads followed by 2 writes using Xil_In16/Xil_Out16 macros, but that didn't seem to work, nor did trying to enable the CRE line manually using the EMC's PSRAM control register.  Maybe I'll get it figured out at some point.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

AXI EMC memory controller is entirely different to MIG, please visit below links for MIG supported memory devices and its operation in detail

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54025.htm

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mig_7series/v2_1/ug586_7Series_MIS.pdf

For your EMC page switchover issue discussion i would suggest you to start a new thread in one of Embedded Solutions boards so that you will get better help

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Solutions/ct-p/EMBED

Thanks,

Vanitha

0 Kudos