UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

10G Ethernet MAC : During Cable Plug Out AXI-S tvalid Assert For 1 Clock-Cycle

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

10G Ethernet MAC : During Cable Plug Out AXI-S tvalid Assert For 1 Clock-Cycle

Hi All,

In my 10G Ethernet System, I am using Xilinx 10G MAC Core (V13.0) and Xilinx 10G PCS/PMA (10GBASE-R/KR) (V4.1) and Vivado Version 2013.4, the System is designed using Kintex-7 FPGA.

I had connected my 10G device to another 10G device and I am sending Ethernet traffic from Device 1 to Device 2. During the test when I Plug Out the Optical Cable in AXI Receive Interface I could see AXI-S tvalid Asserts for 1 Clock-Cycle.

From the following link "https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54252.html", I could able to know that this issue is one of the known issues, can anyone please guide me on how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Prasanth

Accepted Solutions

Re: 10G Ethernet MAC : During Cable Plug Out AXI-S tvalid Assert For 1 Clock-Cycle

Hi

Vivado 2013.4 version of core is very old and as you see there are many bug fixes in the later version of cores.

Cable pull rx valid is one of them and you need to upgrade to the latest version 2017.3 as many fixes are internal to the core and there is no other work around without upgrading.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: 10G Ethernet MAC : During Cable Plug Out AXI-S tvalid Assert For 1 Clock-Cycle

Hi

Vivado 2013.4 version of core is very old and as you see there are many bug fixes in the later version of cores.

Cable pull rx valid is one of them and you need to upgrade to the latest version 2017.3 as many fixes are internal to the core and there is no other work around without upgrading.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Contributor

Hi Satish,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, Vivado 2013.4 is comparatively old tool. Will my Vivado 2013.4 License works for the latest Vivado?

Regards,

Prasanth

Contributor

Hi @yenigal

I had downloaded an Evaluation Version of Vivado 2017.3 and upgrade the XGMAC core. The issues which I had seen during Cable-Plug out is looks to be resolved/not seen in the latest version of Xilinx 10G MAC Core.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Regards,

Prasanth