UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor geerard
Visitor

10G Ethernet PCS/PMA License

Jump to solution

What are the limitations of using the 10G Ethernet PCS/PMA v6.0 in 10GBASE-R mode? The website mentions 'available at no cost', while the debugging section of the manual states: "if your outputs go to 0 after operating normally for several hours, check your licensing."

Can someone indicate when this core will stop working? Is it a matter of time, # of packets, or a combination?

I'm using the core on a KC705 using the SFP+ connector, but the VC707 is a similar board with an alternative FPGA.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: 10G Ethernet PCS/PMA License

Jump to solution
check this post . its free but you need to generate license from Xilinx website
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/GTX-Transceivers-for-10GBase-KX-ethernet/m-p/727705#M19108
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
check this post . its free but you need to generate license from Xilinx website
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/GTX-Transceivers-for-10GBase-KX-ethernet/m-p/727705#M19108
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Visitor geerard
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi @balkris,

Ok, I figured that out already. However, I get the following warning in Vivado:

[Vivado 12-1790] Evaluation License Warning: This design contains one or more evaluation cores that will cease to function after a certain period of time. This design should NOT be used in production systems.

I'm using following cores:

Clocking Wizard

10G Ethernet PCS/PMA

FIFO Generator

FIR Compiler

ILA (Integrated Logic Analyzer)

When I look to the IP status table, it mentions the license for the 10G core to be Design_Linking, while the other licenses are marked as 'Included', therefore I asked my question. Will this design keep working?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
ILA core required license
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan