UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jamesba-bbc
Observer

10G Ethernet Subsystem in 64-bit mode with 312.5MHz reference clock

Hello, I have a design with a 312.5MHz reference clock for my 10G ethernet transceiver, which works well with the 10G Ethernet subsystem core configured in 32-bit mode. I would like to use the 1588 subsystem, which is only available when the core is configured in 64-bit mode.

Would it be possible to configure the core to run in 64-bit mode, but still use a 312.5MHz reference clock for the transceiver? Would this be as simple as configuring the core with the common transceiver logic in the example design, and then modifying the settings in the gt_common_block ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Observer jamesba-bbc
Observer

Re: 10G Ethernet Subsystem in 64-bit mode with 312.5MHz reference clock

In fact is this as simple as setting QPLL_REFCLK_DIV to 2 instead of 1? It looks to me like that should work.

0 Kudos

It may not be as simple as you might expect. The data path could be changing between 32-bit and 64-bit.

It is good to generate a fresh core for enabling 1588 subsystem.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi 

Which device are you targetting this core?

If ultrascale devices then you have a GUI option to select 312.5Mhz as reference clocks and if 7 series then you need to generated the gtwizard for 10GBASE_R protocol for 312.5Mhz as reference clocks and compare with the standard core(Which will be always generated for 156.25Mhz reference clocks) generated wizard files for the modifications need to be done.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer jamesba-bbc
Observer

It's for a Zynq 7045. I will generate the gtwizard files and compare them.

0 Kudos