UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor harrisons
Visitor

10GE Subsystem Stops Sending Data After 11h 4m

I am having a problem where the 10GE subsystem TX suddenly stops sending data. This very repeatably occurs after 11h 4m of continuous operation. I have measured the time to failure 5 times and they are all within about 30ms of each other. 

I am using Vivado 2018.2. The FPGA is Kintex7 XC7K420T. 

I am operating 8 10GE subsystems, they all stop at the same time, as far as I can tell. Everything on the Host PC side seems fine up to this point. The 8 subsystems are configured in sets of 4, sharing a GT quad as shown in Figure 3-66 here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_10g_ethernet/v3_1/pg157-axi-10g-ethernet.pdf

The two quads share a single reference clock through the transceiver clock routing features. 

I am sending 8258-byte jumbo frames. The packet rate is 117187.5 packets per second. 

I attached a screenshot from where the failure occurs. I have broken out the size and bytes fields from the tx_statistics_vector. You can see in the middle of the packet, bytes goes to 0 and the packet size counter stops counting up. I cannot figure out what causes this. The AXI bus continues to accept data, does not deassert the tready signal. 

What can cause this behaviour?

stop_accepting_data.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: 10GE Subsystem Stops Sending Data After 11h 4m

Hi @harrisons 

What is the licensing type for this core.  Please find the below snippet from PG157 which highlights the behaviour of the core: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10GAxi.PNG
Visitor harrisons
Visitor

Re: 10GE Subsystem Stops Sending Data After 11h 4m

Thanks. I was told that we have the license for this IP. Looking at the log, it says 

icejagfpga.runs/impl_1/icejag_top.vdi: IP core 'bd_91a5_xmac_0' (ten_gig_eth_mac_v15_1_6) was generated using a design_linking license.
icejagfpga.runs/impl_1/icejag_top.vdi: IP core 'bd_91a5_xpcs_0' (ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_v6_0_13) was generated using a design_linking license.
icejagfpga.runs/impl_1/icejag_top.vdi: IP core 'bd_083c_xmac_0' (ten_gig_eth_mac_v15_1_6) was generated using a design_linking license.
icejagfpga.runs/impl_1/icejag_top.vdi: IP core 'bd_083c_xpcs_0' (ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_v6_0_13) was generated using a design_linking license.

But AR42379 https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42379.html indicates that Design-Linking License is synonymous with Simulation-Only License and that you cannot generate a bitstream for this design. 

lm.png
0 Kudos