UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor apalli
Visitor

AURORA in Zynq

Hi,

I want to connect two ZYNQ boards using 3 GTX in each board implemted as one PCIe and two AURORA cores(one SMA and one SFP).

My first step is to connect the boards(bare metal) with sfp via one aurora core in each one. I got confused when connecting the clocks in Aurora core in Vivado.

I get errors for clock domains and reference frequencies.

I do the connections from external ports GT_REF_CLOCK (n and p) and define the input frequences but  Vivado outouts error message:

• [xilinx.com:ip:aurora_8b10b:10.2 5910] /aurora_8b10b_0 ERROR : GT_DIFF_REFCLK1 of /aurora_8b10b_0 (Aurora IP) is configured for 125000000.0 Hz and input port frequency is configured as 100000000 Hz. Either update the input port frequency or reconfigure the Aurora IP with correct refclk frequency  

I get also error with aurora data interface clocks directing to axi srtream. How can modify those frequencies or where can i connect them?

thanks,

Aspa

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: AURORA in Zynq

you can reconfigure the reference clock as 100MHz in your Aurora IP, or reconfigure your input port frequency as 125MHz. you need to make them the same frequency.

0 Kudos
Visitor apalli
Visitor

Re: AURORA in Zynq

I know they must have the same frequency.

I tried the external clock being 125Mh but I get the same error...

as I see, there is no option in aurora IP GUI for ref-freq 100MH.

firdota, did fianally your design work?

thanks

0 Kudos