UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer vermicelli
Observer

About OOB signal transmission using Kintex-7 GTX

I don't know how to use TXCOMINIT, TXCOMFINISH to send the OOB signal. There is not a waveform example in the user guide(UG476). The problem I'm facing now is that I can't receive the TXCOMFINISH signal after TXCOMINT goes high.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: About OOB signal transmission using Kintex-7 GTX

You can refer to http://tec.icbuy.com/uploads/2010/8/3/xapp870.pdf for details on how to use TXCOMINIT etc.

FYI- The XAPP targets V-5 device which has GTP. But you can still use the xapp reference design as a guidance to build your design.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Observer vermicelli
Observer

Thanks for your reply.

I've been already read this app note when I uesd Spartan-6 to implement SATA 2.0 Protocal.

But GTX OOB control signals are different from those in GTP.

GTP dosen't have the TXCOMFINISH signal and this signal is the main problem I'm facing here. 

0 Kudos
Observer vermicelli
Observer

Could some one tell me how to use Kintex-7 GTX to send OOB signal?

Should I send a pulse to TXCOMINIT then wait for TXCOMFINISH or keep TXCOMINIT high until TXCOMFINISH goes high? 

0 Kudos