UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jhane
Participant

Aurora Core doesn't wake up

Jump to solution

I've just started trying to simulate one of the Version 11.0 64b/66b Aurora cores.  I generated the core with the common logic inside it.  When I run the sim, it's just dead.  The tx_out_clk/user_clk_out doesn't come up and start toggling.  There's no activity on the tx_p or tx_n lines.  It's as if the core is stuck in reset.  Sometimes I've had trouble getting older versions of the Aurora to link up, but I've never seen one sit there and do nothing before.

When trying to start up the core, I wait for the GTX reference clock and the init_clk to be up and running properly, pulse pma_init high for 128 cycles of init_clk, then clear pma_init.  I hold reset_pb low the whole time (I think I'm supposed to wait for user_clk_out to come up before I pulse reset_pb, and user_clk_out never does anything). The gt_rxcdrovrden_in, power_down, and loopback inputs are all set to zero.

Vitals:

Vivado version: 2015.3

QuestaSim version: 10.4c

Core specs: Version 11.0, 64b/66, line rate = 16 Gbps, refclk frequency = 100 MHz, init clock frequency = 100 MHz

I also see the following Questa warning:

Warning: (vsim-8683) Uninitialized out port .../aurora_m_n/inst/aurora_64b66b_16g_master_core_i/aurora_64b66b_16g_master_wrapper_i/cbcc_gtx0_i/master_fifo/data_fifo/U0/<protected>/<protected>/<protected>/<protected>/<protected>/<protected>(8 downto 0) has no driver.
# This port will contribute value (9'hXXX) to the signal network.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant jhane
Participant

Re: Aurora Core doesn't wake up

Jump to solution

Well, heh.  I stumbled across some outdated testbench code that was driving the GTX reference clock at a speed the core wasn't expecting.  I fixed that, and now it wakes up just fine.  Silly me.

I was having this problem when simulating the example design too, and that didn't have a testbench per se ... I was just manually forcing the clock lines from the simulator GUI, which meant that I was getting the right frequency.  BUT, I suspect I didn't do the pma_init thing correctly in that case.

Thanks, though!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution
Do you find this issue in your design (or) IP example?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
If you are getting this issue in example design, please provide the .xci of the core you are using.
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Participant jhane
Participant

Jump to solution

Well, heh.  I stumbled across some outdated testbench code that was driving the GTX reference clock at a speed the core wasn't expecting.  I fixed that, and now it wakes up just fine.  Silly me.

I was having this problem when simulating the example design too, and that didn't have a testbench per se ... I was just manually forcing the clock lines from the simulator GUI, which meant that I was getting the right frequency.  BUT, I suspect I didn't do the pma_init thing correctly in that case.

Thanks, though!

0 Kudos