UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ballanche
Visitor

Bitstream gen fails for JESD204B UltraScale Hardware demo design

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am follwoing JESD204B UltraScale Hardware Demo user guide for Vivado 2016.3

When the script execute to bit gen, I got this error message.

write_bitstream failed
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
mySystem_i/EthSubSys/axi_ethernet_0/inst/eth_mac/inst/bd_2dbd_eth_mac_0_core (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0_6)

Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Bitstream gen fails for JESD204B UltraScale Hardware demo design

Jump to solution

Hi @ballanche

This error is seen if you dont have TEMAC IP license. 

To generate IP evaluation license, go to https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/temac-evaluation.html and use "generate license key" option available towards the right side of the page. 

After generating and installing the license, regenerate IP output products.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ballanche

This error is seen if you dont have TEMAC IP license. 

To generate IP evaluation license, go to https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/temac-evaluation.html and use "generate license key" option available towards the right side of the page. 

After generating and installing the license, regenerate IP output products.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Highlighted
Visitor ballanche
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello,

I downloaded the hardware demo mainly for JESD.

I didn't know it requires licenses for other IP, and I also didn't know that I could generate an IP evaluation license myself.

Thanks for the quick reply, you have been very helpful!

0 Kudos