UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant mr-read
Participant

CPRI formatted iq_tx support

Hello,

We are trying to send a data stream at Rate 7 that includes the control words and I/Q data into the core's iq_tx input directly, bypassing the Vendor Specific, Ethernet, HDLC mux structure.

Is there a way to configure the CPRI core to do this? Is there a module available that can take the control words and create the non-IQ interfaces?

Note: This is a feature included in the Altera CPRI Core referred to as the AUX interface.

Thank you,
Jordan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: CPRI formatted iq_tx support

@mr-readJordan,

AUX interface feature is out with the CPRI specification and allows the user to create their own CPRI mapping and insert it direct into the transmitter.We don’t have a similar feature. However, you can contact your FAE, so he can work with wireless marketing and see how possible to achieve this.

We can deselect the Ethernet interface, but that doesn’t reuse the Ethernet mapping for other interfaces like IQ data, it’s just a logic saving option. The control word is generated internally and maps together all the constituent interfaces as defined in the CPRI spec.

0 Kudos
Participant mr-read
Participant

Hi @xud,

This is a major limitation for raw CPRI transmission designs like ours that require control word support.

Is it not possible to only loopback iq_rx to iq_tx (i.e. no VS, ETH, HDLC, etc.)? Based off of the design it should be simple to do this by connecting iq_tx directly to the <>_gt_and_clocks block instead of using the cpri core's IF interface. I cannot do this as all of these files are auto-generated by the cpri IP core and cannot be edited...

We are trying to contact an FAE but are having no luck currently. Note: I also attached a PDF of what we are trying to do for clarity.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@mr-read

FYI - This feature will be available in 2019.1. Can you PM me your FAE contact info, please?

0 Kudos
Observer ttang
Observer

is this feature available now?
0 Kudos