UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer almehdi
Observer

Connection between two boards

Hi,
I'm trying to connect two boards my loopback design worked perfectly but now I'm experimenting some problems. First, I'm not sure about how do you we deal with clocks? Should I provide the same clock (from one of the two boards (sma_clk) )to both of them ? The other thing is that I have a board that is held on local fault despite the fact that the other one is sending idle what can cause this issue ? I tried what was proposed on the product guide of the pcs/pma but nothing happened, has someone experimented this problem ?
I'm using on both board the 10g mac and the pcs/pma core the boards are virtex7 .
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Connection between two boards

Perhaps AXI Chip2Chip maybe helpful.

Check if the application note below gives you any ideas:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1160-c2c-real-time-video.pdf
0 Kudos
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Hi ,

When you are connecting the two boards with 10g based core , you need not provide the clock from one board to another.

Both boards will have the referance clock and the ppm difference will be handled by the GT blocks internally.

Regarding the local fault,

If you have checked the points in debugging section of the product guide pg068 , can you put details of the observations ?

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer almehdi
Observer

I have checked the product guide but I didn't manage to make this connection work. I have two boards VC707 and VC709, I use the pcs/pma and mac that are connected as it is done on the AXI 10G (but whitout the IEEE 1588). First, I programmed the VC707 it's transmitting 0200009C0200009C and sending as the picture attached. Then I program the VC709 and I have the same thing, at this time the VC707 transmit idle(0707070707070707) but receives as the picture but its 0200009C instead of 0100009C. The VC709 never goes to idle it stays on its intial state. If we choose to bypass in the register of the mac of VC709 and sent idle without taking care of the reception than the VC707 is fully on idle state and if we make some data exchange from VC709 to VC707 it is working. But not in the other way as it always receives the same (the signal in the picture). Do you have an idea of the problem ?

2014-07-17 14_15_03-hw_ila_data_1.wcfg.png
0 Kudos
Observer almehdi
Observer

When I say bypass, it is that I change the value of the fault inhibit register in the 10G MAC.

0 Kudos