UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Designing GTH Transceiver without wizard (Virtex 7)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a problem with transceiver setup for protocol, which is not predefined in Transceiver Wizard.

Theoretically, it's not a problem to read documentation (ug476, 7 Series FPGAs GTX/GTH Transceivers), and setup GTH as I need, but I've found about 80 ports and attributes, which has the following description:

"Reserved. The recommended value from the 7 Series FPGAs Transceivers Wizard should be used."

I suppose, that one incorrect bit there may lead to error and I don't know, how can I setup them without any informative description.

Can someone explain, what is a design strategy for a custom protocol with 7 series GTH?
(My board is vc709.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Designing GTH Transceiver without wizard (Virtex 7)

Jump to solution

I think that the wording for your subject, and I mean "without wizard", is somewhat confussing.

For a non standard or custom protocol you will still use the wizard which will set the appropiate values for all these reserved registers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

As I understand, all nessesary settings can be made in the Wizard and all additional configuration should be done using DRP.

Am I right?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I think that the wording for your subject, and I mean "without wizard", is somewhat confussing.

For a non standard or custom protocol you will still use the wizard which will set the appropiate values for all these reserved registers.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Yes, I think so too.

Thanks.

0 Kudos