UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to connect Zynq and Kintek7 with transceiver?

I'm trying to connect an XC7Z015 device wiith two XC7K325 using a transceiver. The processor is present only in the Zynq. The kintek7 is connected to several RAMs, both DDR3 and internal, and register, that I need to read and write. I use the transceiver to achieve high troughput and low pin counts.

I tried with the aurora 64b66b in conjunction with the chip2chip IPs, but this is possible only on the kintek device. On the Zynq device, the c2c supports onyl the selectIO interface, and the aurora64b66b is not present. On the kintek device the aurora8b10b is not supported by the c2c IP.

Seems we have the hardware, but no connection is supported by the software... any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to connect Zynq and Kintek7 with transceiver?

Hi,

XC7Z015 device has GTPs whereas Kintex-7 device has GTXs.

Please note that Aurora 64b/66b core is not present with GTPs.

I'm not much aware of c2c IP and not sure why aurora 8b/10b is not compatible with it.

In this scenario, what you can do is generate the transceivers cores for both the devices and write a custom logic to enable the communication between the two devices.

This is a bit tedious; I'm not aware of any easy workarounds.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.