UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

IBERT access to TXPRECURSORINV

Jump to solution

Is there a way to set TXPRECURSORINV from the IBERT application and the Hardware Manager?  

From the schematics I see that TXPRECURSOR--which can be set--and TXPRECURSORINV go to the same gthe2_channel_regs and from there to a UUT_MASTER chipscope_icon2xsdb_mstrbr, but I am at loss to be able to do anything with that information.

If it is not accessible, make that a request as well: to make TXPRECURSORINV available in the next release.  Someone else might want TXPOSTCURSORINV as well.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

Re: IBERT access to TXPRECURSORINV

Jump to solution

OK, to answer my own question, yes, the TXPRECURSORINV port is available through the Serial I/O Analyzer GUI.  I still like the TCL way of setting things ahead of time, but if you want to control them individually you can do so from the GUI.

After programming the device, click on the IBERT module and add links for all of the ports you are interested in.  Then right click one of the links and choose Link Properties.  In the Link Properties window there are two tabs; click the Properties tab.  Scroll down and you will see TXPRECURSORINV and other properties.  I have highlighted TXPRECURSORINV.

Regards,

Daniel

2014-06-03_06-56-41_01 07-03-04-833.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

Jump to solution

I found a way to set this input high by modifying the implementation via TCL.  If someone knows a more direct way to do this, please let me know.

My IBERT implementation has five quads.  I went in to each one and disconnected the net that was driving the pin of interest--after storing the LOC and BEL of the cell the pin is in and unplacing it.  Then I created a new cell connected to VCC and I connected that cell to the pin of interest with a new net I created.  Here is my script:

open_run impl_1
foreach quad [list 0 1 2 3 4] {
    foreach ch [list 0 1 2 3] {
        set BASE u_ibert_core/inst/QUAD[$quad].u_q/CH[$ch].u_ch
        set PIN $BASE/u_gthe2_channel/TXPRECURSORINV
        set CELL [get_cells $BASE/u_gthe2_channel]
        set LOC [get_property LOC $CELL]
        set BEL [get_property BEL $CELL]
        unplace_cell $CELL

disconnect_net -net $BASE/txprecursorinv_reg -objects $PIN

create_cell -reference VCC $BASE/cell_high
        create_net $BASE/net_high
        connect_net -net $BASE/net_high -objects $BASE/cell_high/P
        connect_net -net $BASE/net_high -objects $PIN
        place_cell $CELL $LOC\/$BEL
        puts "Turned on TXPRECURSORINV for quad $quad channel $ch"
    }
}
route_design
write_bitstream ibert_mod.bit

I found you can also check your work by using the 'write_verilog ibert_mod.v' command and then searching through the 1.1 million line file it creates for the net you create: net_high in my case.  When I did, sure enough I found the cell and the modified input:

wire net_high;

VCC cell_high
    (.P(net_high));

.TXPRECURSOR(txprecursor_reg),
.TXPRECURSORINV(net_high),
.TXQPIBIASEN(txqpibiasen_reg),

Daniel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

Jump to solution

OK, to answer my own question, yes, the TXPRECURSORINV port is available through the Serial I/O Analyzer GUI.  I still like the TCL way of setting things ahead of time, but if you want to control them individually you can do so from the GUI.

After programming the device, click on the IBERT module and add links for all of the ports you are interested in.  Then right click one of the links and choose Link Properties.  In the Link Properties window there are two tabs; click the Properties tab.  Scroll down and you will see TXPRECURSORINV and other properties.  I have highlighted TXPRECURSORINV.

Regards,

Daniel

2014-06-03_06-56-41_01 07-03-04-833.jpg

0 Kudos