UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

JESD204B One-shot SYSREF

Highlighted
Explorer

JESD204B One-shot SYSREF

Hi,

I'm implementing a JESD204B receiver on a Kintex 7 connected to an AD9694 ADC using Vivado 2016.2.  I'm attempting to use a one-shot SYSREF pulse to synchronize the AD9694 transmitter and the K7 receiver.  After resetting and configuring the ADC and the K7 JESD204B core, I generate a SYSREF pulse.  The AD9694 registers report that they saw a SYSREF pulse, but the JESD204B core does not - register 0x038 reports 0x00 (no SYSREF detected) and 0x03C shows 0x0033 (lanes have CGS and are receiving alignment characters, but have not started ILA).  If I manually trigger SYSREF again, the link comes alive and I start receiving data, but the latency is not deterministic (since the ADC already synced to the first pulse). 

Has anyone else successfully used a one-shot SYSREF in a similar situation?  I'm experimenting with a short train of SYSREF pulses with a period that's a multiple of the multiframe, but based on the documentation a simple one-shot signal ought to be sufficient.

Thanks,

-Greg

Re: JESD204B One-shot SYSREF

you can refer the xilinx Jesd204b core example design .
https://www.xilinx.com/member/jesd204_eval.html#designs

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.